photo c/o Star Thrower Photography
Lourdes nominated me for the sunshine award... and it's been awhile since one of these has popped up, so why not go for it?
1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them!
5. Remember rules are meant to be broken (ok, fine so I added this one!)
1. Growing up, which parent were you the closest to? Did this change at any time?
- i was always closest with my dad because my mother worked (and still does!) 12 hour shifts. pops took me to dance practice and coached my softball team. he told me the other day he knows im closest with him.. but he's wrong. since i grew up and outta those horrible teenage years of hating my mother (and everyone else!), i've grown to love her in a way i never knew possible. she is truly my best friend, the one i call whenever i have a problem, the one who tells me what i need to hear, instead of what i want to hear. she is my rock and i love her.
2. Do you believe in "Love at first sight?" Do you think it happens?
- yes! that's pretty much what happened with me and justin- i walked into his garage with a mutual friend, we locked eyes, and BAM! my heart just knew- i literally had the thought, "im going to marry this man" before i even introduced myself. (funny, we actually have known each other a while because we traveled in the same social circles. i can CLEARLY rememember an argument i had with Justin years before seeing him in his garage.. he was being rude to a friend and i was drunkenly defending her honor, even though i'm pretty sure he just said something stupid in passing... regardless, it gave me a bad taste in my mouth and i tried to avoid him and his brother as often as i could. what persuaded me to go to his house that night? i dont know- but im glad it happened. im glad i took that chance. im glad i forgave. because it had brought us here.)
3. What period of history is your favorite? Why?
- obviously i have to say the hippie dippy 60's and 70s! free love! good music! open minds! i dig it... but i also dig a time where "things" simply didnt exist.
4. If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be?
- you know... i wouldn't. i've always been self conscious about my heavy eye lids- everyone ALWAYS asks if im sleepy or stoned (which probably IS the case, but still..) and it gets a little... annoying? but even if i could change them, i wouldn't. because that just seems stupid. changing my body because of what others have to say about it.. no thanks.. (full disclosure: i DID have Lasik eye surgery, because i was blind. so i guess thats the one and only thing i have wanted to change.. i wanted a sense back, so i got it!)
5. What is your favorite fast food place?
- we dont eat "fast food", but my favorite place to go out is hands down Wahoos or Chipotle.
6. If you could live in any country, where would you live? If it isn't the country you currently live in, why did you choose another country?
- gosh, theres so many places i havent been to, it would be hard to pick where to live! can i live on a boat and travel the world?
7. How many kids do you want to have? Boys? Girls?
- i mean.. i think i want 2.. but then i think about having two, and watching the two boys i nanny.. and then i conclude one would be fine for me
8. Can you do a push up?
-i can do a proper push up on my knees only. but it's proper form- my chest hits the ground, my stomach does not, my elbows are pinned to my sides and go straight back, hands are properly aligned.. and that makes me feel good about not being able to go on my feet.. have you seen the terrible form people have in push ups?! i mean, most people are NOT doing push-ups when they do push-ups, ya know what im sayin'....
9. Who is the most influential person in your life? How have they influenced you?
- going back up top, i would have to say my mother is the most influential person. she's taught me to be strong, fearless, and to voice my opinion, even if it's the least popular. she's taught me the value and pain of honesty, she's always encouraged me to question..
10. I nominated you because I love your blog. Why did you start blogging? Has your motivation for blogging changed as time goes on?
-i initially started blogging because i just graduated college and was planning my wedding. i wanted to document as much as i could because my memory sucks and, simply, i just think blogging is cool. it's still the same motivation for me, although now i'm beginning to feel like sharing more healthy tips and recipes with my followers than just, oh i dont know? an outfit. or silly shenanigans. if i have a platform to connect on, i should use it in the best way possible, right?
ok.. here are my ten questions:
1. if you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
2. what is one thing you really want to do but likely wont get to for whatever reasons (financial, emotional, physical)?
3. beatles or rolling stones?
4. what is the best book you've ever read and why?
5. if you could go back to college, what would you study?
6. are you a green smoothie drinker? if not, how come you haven't jumped on the health bandwagon?
7. let's get deep: do you believe in the death penalty? what about abortion? what about the big g-o-d?
8. now that that's over, whats your favorite color? season? food? music? sport?
9. have you ever felt like you were legitimately crazy?
10. if there could only be ONE kind of house pet for the rest of eternity, and YOU had the power to choose, which would it be: cat or dog?
now i tag: kelsey, chelsea, raven, megan and hollie