this has been floating around the internets and i couldn't resist doing one here (: it's too much fun finding out random things about bloggers- so much fun, i also have a husband edition and a five things about "us" edition coming very soon! so be sure to check back for those, yes?
1. i gave up meat when i was ten years old. no one in my immediate (or other) family was a vegetarian- it was just me. the revelation happened one morning over mcdonalds chicken nuggets. i just couldnt eat meat without thinking about the animal it came from. and that made me sad. because i didn't eat dogs or cats, we had those two as pets, so why was i eating cows and chickens? aren't they all the same? it was a very lisa simpson moment... before SHE even went vegetarian (;
2. i hate cleaning. i was spoiled when i was little and my mother always cleaned up after me. she even came over to do my laundry when i went to college. thus, i now despise the thing i never was forced to do. but im trying- oh lawd, im trying to like it... or at least, do it..
3. i have a no bullshit policy when it comes to lying, and i can always sniff out when a person decides to lie to me. i just know, okay? my intuition is like superheroe strength. and i dont appreciate the disrespect that comes with lying- i seriously have no tolerance for it. so don't think you are sparing my feelings by lying to me. you aren't. you are only showing your real character and making me question why i keep you around. get over your fears and tell me the truth, damn it! is that so hard?
4. i have a half brother and a half sister. most people either forget this or don't even know. we all share the same dad, and they also have another half sister who is in no way related to me (they all share the same mom). but im closest with my brothers kid, for sure. we are only ten years apart in age, while my brother is a whole 15 years older than i am. and yes, he's got the grey hair going on. my brother. old and grey.
5. tomatoes are the hardest thing for me to eat. i cant stand the guts. you know how people eat them like apples? not me. not once. never. but i try to like them- i've gotten used to having them sprinkled on tacos, or on pizza... but that's about it. make no mistake about it though, i do love me some ketchup. and marinara sauce. and even tomato soup.