25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before 2014: #1-10....

12.16.2013

 photo 8f316771-bec6-439b-af1d-dd3b1dc24605_zpsa8a02d8b.jpg

i'm linking up with Chelsea today for part 1 of 25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before 2014! so let's just dive right in, shall we?

1. What am I most proud of this year?
- i think this year i am most proud of myself, in general.  i'm proud of the woman i am becoming, of how i handle the curve balls that life has thrown me.  i'm proud that i have shown myself how much power and control i have over life- and while that seems like an obvious "duh!" moment, it really isn't.  sometimes life feels so out of your control, but this year, i've learned to go with it and focus on what i actually CAN control. my attitude is improving, i'm actually learning and developing patience (which i've never had...), my focus is where it ought to be, i'm letting go of the negative, embracing karma.... so yes, me. i am most proud of me this year (:

2. How can I become a better _____________?
- wife. i don't know?! ha! i feel like i've got the daughter and sister thing down pat.  but i know when it comes to personal development and growth, i tend to put my marriage at the very bottom of that list.  it's just easy since i'm around justin everyday.  we both have this issue actually- putting each other on the backburner.  even though, i really want my marriage to be first, i seem to push us down.  and that's so wrong.  so, friends, how do i become a better wife? any tips or suggestions?

3. Where am I feeling stuck?
- i feel stuck in my "job".  im currently in grad school, so it's that weird in between stage where you aren't doing what you love because you technically aren't yet qualified to do so, but you have to do something to pay the bills. don't get me wrong- i love kids. i love being a nanny.  i love shaping the minds of the youth (future vegetarians who think for themselves are awaiting us!) but my current job is just... it's just not as fulfilling as it used to be.

4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
- ha! probably the same answer as above- i need to allow myself to go through the journey of grad school before i can come out a holistic nutritionist at the end.  i need to know i'm doing my best and this meaningful career im working towards is everything i've wanted.   

5. Am I passionate about my career?
- shit.. i think ive mentioned this already (; i have a job, not a career. am i passionate about it? not as much as i used to be- raising other people's children is HARD, yo.  it's so hard.  especially when my values are different than those of the kids i watch.  sometimes, i feel like im more of a disciplinarian than the parents, but i guess in the end, thats truly what's best for the boys.  maybe not best for my sanity and day to day life, but it's best kids these days don't grow up thinking they can have everything they want. or that life is easy. or that it's ok to be throwing temper tantrums at nine years old.

6. What lessons have I learned?
- i've learned to let go.  i've learned to be happy.  i've learned patience. i've learned to stay positive and to just keep swimming.  i've learned life blows, it's hard, unfair, and sometimes we feel like giving up.  but that doesn't mean we actually give up.  it means we figure out how to deal and try to find the small sliver of happiness/joy/peace that can be found in the situation. because it's there. you just have to look past the shit to see it.  

7. What did my finances look like?
- ok? i guess? we aren't in debt, our mortgage is being paid, we are still able to go out.  i mean, sure i'd love MORE money to travel with (europe is proving to be more expensive than i thought), but overall i think my finances were a-ok.

8. How did I spend my free time?

- i spent my free time blogging and on the computer way too much.  this is something ill work on in the new year. we also partied, went on hikes, spent time with family... but the attachment to th einternet was WAY too much this year, for me.

9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?

- meh.  i always think there's room for improvement on this one.  and i know i didn't do my best.  but with everything im learning in my holistic nutrition studies, i feel prepared and ready to kick ass 2014.  i mean, i should finally have my Master's degree then, so i better practice what i preach, correct?

10. How have I been open-minded?

- how have i not?! i've never been one to close the doors on my mind, i just cannot.  i like new things, i like new experiences, i like challenges, i even like problems.  i don't back down from any of those things, because i know in the end they are what makes me who i am. they make me stronger. they are what i learn from. 




part 2 coming tomorrow!



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Seriously. This just made me love you even more. I think you should write a book. We should write a book together, maybe? Your perspective is always so refreshing because you really DO think on your own (duh) but it's refreshing because of the realness. Because you're not afraid to admit that life can be shitty but that it's also flipping awesome because of what we make it.

I'm over here cheering you on because I am proud of you too, friend, for everything you mentioned in #1, for this whole entire post, and for so much more. You have been such a true, honest, and loving friend to me and all of this right here is yet another reminder of why we'll always be friends. Love you from here to Palm Springs and back! Boom :)

Oh, and #10. I love your #10!!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground